As women everywhere know, it’s the neck and chest area where the first signs of aging often appear. This part of the body is under tremendous stress—the neck supports the head and its many movements. Over the years, the signs of this stress and aging start to show. Many women experience sagging in this area, which can lead to a “turkey neck” appearance. Other common issues are lines and wrinkles and unsightly areas of discoloration known as age spots. Scarves and turtle necks can cover up this problem but do nothing to address it. And—let’s face it—for most women the idea of never wearing a low-cut dress or V-neck sweater again isn’t a desirable one. The good news is that there are other options.
Doctors can perform surgical procedures to improve the appearance of skin in the neck and chest area, but going under the knife for an invasive operation can be frightening, risky, and quite costly. A healthy lifestyle can also help keep your neck looking youthful as you age. Simple practices such as drinking eight glasses of water a day to maintain hydration, using a moisturizer every day, exercising to help keep skin firm and boost your overall health and well-being, and eating a healthy diet that emphasizes fresh fruits and vegetables that are naturally rich in antioxidants can all help. Avoiding sun exposure and using a good sunscreen are also vital—keep in mind that age spots (also known as sunspots) are caused by UV exposure.
ust as important as following the tips above is finding a superior neck firming cream that is specifically designed to treat the delicate skin in the neck and chest area. Even Dr. Brandt, a dermatologist and certified member of the American Board of Dermatology, recognizes that these products are fundamentally different from your run-of-the-mill moisturizers. According to Brandt, “Neck products are tailored to treat the sagging, lines and other signs of aging to which the delicate skin on the neck is more vulnerable.”
Today there are countless creams, gels, and lotions on the market that claim to be able to literally transform the appearance of skin on the neck and chest. Finding a firming product is as easy as doing an Internet search, going to your local pharmacy, or simply browsing the shelves at a department store. What isn’t so simple is finding one that actually works. Once you’ve decided to take measures to address or prevent aging in the neck area and purchase a firming cream, one of the first things you should consider is ingredients. If the label lists one or more of the following substances, it’s definitely a promising sign:
- Matrixyl – This is included in many neck firming products because clinical trials have shown it can actually encourage new skin cell growth. The main benefit is a reduction in the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
- Hyaluronic Acid – This remarkable compound can actually hold up to one thousand times its weight in moisture. This has the effect of not only moisturizing skin, but also making its surface smoother to minimize the appearance of lines.
- Shea Butter – You’re probably already familiar with this substance. It’s an ingredient in many creams because of its ability to deeply nourish, moisturize, and hydrate skin.
- Sesaflash – Derived from sesame, this extract has a tightening and lifting effect, something that can obviously be very helpful for those dealing with skin that is sagging or has lost some of its elasticity.
The best neck firming creams on the market deliver several key benefits. First, they can help minimize fine and deep lines and wrinkles. These issues are especially common in the neck area since we are moving this area of the body almost constantly. Second, great neck firming creams will deeply moisturize skin. Moisturizers will not only make skin softer and more nourished, but also have a plumping effect that can improve skin smoothness. Finally, neck creams can lift skin and give it a tighter, firmer appearance to address the issue of sagging.
To get the most out of a neck firming cream, it’s important to know how to use it properly. Keep in mind that a cream has to be used on a regular basis to achieve full results. That means applying the product every morning and night. Use an upward motion as opposed to a downward one when applying the product. Finally, be patient! It took years (likely decades) for the skin on your neck to start to sag and wrinkle, so you should expect improvements to take some time as well. Last, don’t buy into the myth that expensive is always better. As long as the cream is made with the right ingredients, it is likely a quality product. Look past the brand names, the fancy packaging, and the claims, and focus instead on what’s actually in the product. This is the number one thing you can do to find a neck firming cream that will deliver the noticeable results you want.
High quality neck cream’s should give you several benefits and deliver all the right ingredients effectively and safely. Ideally, all good brands will have been rigorously tested in clinical trials and shown to have the ability to firm and lift sagging skin around the neck area and also have the potential to improve the Skin’s tone and texture. And finally have the potential to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective neck cream products on the market today.
Quick tips on keeping your neck area looking smooth & firm
- Moisturize to keep your skin smooth and supple.
- Physical exercise regularly will help firms up neck area, as well as, other areas of the body..
- Staying hydrated helps keep skin looking firm and young.
- Eating well balanced meals that are high in fiber, fruits and vegetables will keep skin firm and keep you healthy too.
- Find a great neck firming cream with quality ingredients.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficiency.